The Road Logic frameset carries Tom Ritchey's legacy forward. This second generation version offers the classic ride and feel of a quality steel frame, with more modern touches and details. The triple-butted, heat-treated tubeset features short-butted sections that are optimized for TIG welding. These junctions save weight and directly influence positive ride quality, but also reduce weight. The modern, forged and machined integrated headtube is proprietary, and uses standard drop-in bearings. No need to press in cups, though you get the visual aesthetic of a pressed in system. Classic features that carry over in essence can be found at the Fastback seattube/seatstay junction and the integrated permanent rear dropout and derailleur hanger, which features Drop-in design and is cleanly moved inboard to reduce the likelihood of accidental damage. The overall effect of the Road Logic is a silky smooth riding frame with clean, classic lines and the advantages of current technology and knowledge.
The frame itself offers tire clearance for a 700x30 tire, though 25 or 28mm are much more commonly used. This isn't a touring bike, but a steel road bike with great tire clearance, so you don't see fender or rack mounts. The painted-to-match WCS Carbon Fork is light, stiff enough laterally to minimize deflection, yet offers vertical compliance that matches the ride quality of the frame. It rides in the steerer tube on the smooth cartridge bearings of the Comp Logic Zero headset. Many 28c tires will also fit in the fork, with considerable variance in tires, you want to verify you have adequate clearance before riding. The 68mm BSC threaded bottom bracket shell works great with the Shimano external bottom bracket cups. Again, this modernized version of the frame has a clean look and a racing heritage, so there are no downtube cable adjuster bosses, and the housing stops are subtly welded in strategic and practical locations, unobtrusively.
The 11-speed 105 5800 drivetrain for this build has a Hollowtech II Compact crankset in a double 50-34T chainring set-up that rides on an Ultegra BBR60 bottom bracket. Matched with the 11-28 5800 cassette you get excellent overall range and exceptionally clean shifting with the supplied KMC X-11. Genuine 105 5800 clamp-on front derailleur, standard cage rear derailleur, 5800 brakeset and Dual Control brake/shifter levers round out this excellent groupset.
Of course this is a Ritchey bike, and the kit components are brand loyal, so to speak, all at the Comp level. The Comp 4-Axis stem is always a great choice, and perfectly complements the 31.8 Comp Curve handlebar and 27.2 x 350mm Comp Alloy 2-bolt seatpost. The post carries a Comp Skyline saddle in black, while Ritchey uses their black Cork Tape to wrap the bars. A solid wheelset, the Comp Zeta II, is a perfect platform for the Comp Tom Slick 700x27 clincher road tires for everyday riding
The Comp Road Logic complete bike is the result of Tom Ritchey's expanding legacy, his prodigious experience with steel, and mastery of the subtleties and details gleaned from his tenure in the art of creating bicycles. This is a well-equipped, fairly priced high quality steel bike with a sweet carbon fork and the ability to run 30mm tires. A modern classic indeed.
- Modern classic steel road bike with WCS carbon fork, 105 11-spd group
- Triple-butted steel tube set delivers a smooth, responsive ride quality
- Clean and strategic cable routing with inline adjuster for front derailleur
- Carbon WCS fork with aluminum dropouts (steerer cut/stacked to max allowable height during the build process- spacers included)
- Drop-in Comp Drop In 1-1/8" headset
- Frame and fork will accommodate most brand's 700x30c road tires
- Primarily Shimano 105 5800 11-speed groupset with 50-34 crankset, 11-28 cassette, clamp front derailleur, rear derailleur; Ultegra BB, KMC X-11 chain
- Ritchey kit: Comp Curve alloy 31.8 handlebar, Comp alloy 2-bolt seatpost, Comp 4-Axis 31.8 stem, Comp Skyline black saddle, Cork tape, Comp Drop-in headset
- Ritchey wheeset/tires: Comp Zeta 2 100/130 QR, 11-spd; Comp Tom Slick 700x27 tires in black, with tubes
- Sizes: 55
Component specifics by bike size:
- 55cm Bar: 42c-c, Stem: 110mm, Crank: 172.5mm
- Color: Skyline Blue