Closeout Store Special!
Swiss Cross Canti Frameset and WCS Zeta Wheelset.
Many Ritchey-sponsored mountain bike champions were also cyclocross champions Thomas Frischknecht, Henrik Djernis and Ruthie Matthes, to name a few. And though they were paid to race Ritchey mountain bikes, they often wanted a Ritchey cyclocross bike to race in the winter.
This ultimately resulted in another iconic Ritchey model the Swiss Cross. Now the Swiss Cross is back, and better than ever.
We started with the same forged-and-machined integrated head tube design found on the P-29er 80 grams lighter than a standard 1-1/8” head tube and just as strong a design which also provides much-needed shouldering room at the head tube.
Tubing is an all-new triple-butted, heat treated steel designed to Tom's specifications for a classically lightweight, compliant yet tough-as-nails frame. Geometry has been updated to reflect what 'cross riders want: race-ready handling and responsiveness that's still versatile enough to serve as a capable all-around rough road/trail bike.
Tire clearance? Plenty. The Swiss Cross is designed with 'cross racing in mind, after all. But with two bottle cage mounts, the Swiss Cross is perfect for long mixed rides in the off-season.
Tom Ritchey redesigned the critically acclaimed Zeta to be wider, lighter and laterally stiffer. Yet these wheels remain tough enough to endure gravel road rides and cyclocross races that would chew lesser wheels to pieces. Building upon the legendary wheel-building and -design heritage of Ritchey, the WCS Zeta wheels offer modern features that allow them to perform gracefully in variety of ride settings. Featuring a wider tire profile, the Zeta wheels provide a more comfortable ride while improving handling. The Phantom Flange hubs offer the sleek profile and direct-drive efficiency of straight-pull spokes, but still use stronger, more reliable J-bend spokes for maximum performance and reliability.
- Each Zeta wheel set is hand built by a qualified Ritchey wheel technician
- Rear hub completely serviceable without tools, including cassette body removal
- Concealed J-bend hub design for increased strength and ease of service
- Sizes: XS, S, M, XL
- Painted to match Ritchey WCS Cross fork and WCS integrated headset included
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm English threaded
- Front Derailleur Clamp: 28.6mm (Caution: Front derailleur clamp MAX torque of 2.5Nm)
- Headset: WCS integrated drop-in 41.8 (included)
- 130mm rear spacing
- Weight: 1941g / 4.28lbs (55cm, frame only)
- Sold as frameset only.
- Tubeless 6066 Alloy rim
- Welded joint and CNC-machined braking surface
- Rim depth: 23.8mm
- Outer rim width: 24.4mm
- Inner rim width: 20mm
- OCR 3mm offset rear rim for reduced dish and increased strength
- Hubs: Proprietary superlight Phantom Flange hubs with hidden J-bend spokes
- Freehub: alloy
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM 10/11 speed - Campagnolo 10/11/12 speed
- Axle Compatibility: Standard QR only
- Ritchey forged quick releases included
- 17mm axle for increased stiffness
- Spokes: DT Aero Comp (Front: 20 spokes / Rear: 24 spokes)
- Nipples: DT Brass 12mm
- Front Lacing: Radial
- Rear Lacing: Radial - non-drive side / 2X drive side
- Weight: 1468g/set (648g – front / 820g – rear)