The classic Swiss Cross steel frameset was modernized with a contemporary slightly sloping cyclocross geometry to great acclaim, as the new fit allowed more riders to enjoy the benefits of a steel cyclocross frame with a great carbon fork. With disc brakes taking over the segment, Ritchey stepped up and delivered this Swiss Cross Disc Frameset, borrowing the second generation design and applying to it to disc brakes, with greater tire clearance, a new WCS Carbon Disc Fork, and a clever set-up of the rear triangle that enabled Ritchey to place the rear disc post mount inside the triangle for a cleaner and less exposed caliper location. The result is a frameset that could easily be raced in the fall and ridden as an every day commuter or training bike.
To achieve the strength and peace of mind from a steel frame you can put through it's paces, Ritchey uses the same forged and machined 1%" integrated head tube design as the one used on their P-29 hardtail. It has the same look and advanced strength as a standard 1%" head tube but at an 80-gram weight savings. Tubing is an all-new triple-butted, heat treated Ritchey Logic II™ CrMo steel tubing throughout, designed by Tom Ritchey himself. As expected, the tubeset hits Ritchey's trademark balance of lightweight and responsive ride quality while being rugged and forgiving at the same time. Geometry is race ready but still versatile enough to serve as an everyday commuter, gravel road, mixed off-season road/trail ride.
Guiding you forward is the beautiful, painted to match 490 gram WCS Carbon Disc Fork. This fork is optimized for the force of a disc brake by reinforcing the brake tabs and lower fork legs and is stiffer throughout to prevent deflection under side and braking loads. Ritchey also supplies their WCS Drop-in headset and equips the frame with full-length housing stops for use with cable or hydraulic disc calipers. The dropouts are for quick release use (135mm rear, 100mm front). You'll need a 27.2mm seatpost, 68mm threaded bottom bracket, and 28.6mm clamp or clamp-on front derailleur to get this beauty built.
- Handmade disc brake specific version of the updated steel Swiss Cross frameset
- Triple butted, heat treated steel designed for lightweight strength and performance
- Ritchey Logic II™ CrMo steel tubing used throughout frame
- Updated modern slightly sloping top tube Cyclocross geometry
- Full-length housing stops for use with cable or hydraulic brakes
- Inner rear triangle post disc mount for 160mm rotor
- Rear Ritchey socket dropouts for 135mm QR use
- Ample tire clearance- up to 38c in most tire designs
- Painted WCS Carbon Disc Fork, post mount (140/160 rotor),100mm QR, 490g
- WCS Drop-in Headset included
- Build information: requires BSC (English) threaded bottom bracket cups, 27.2 seat post and 28.6mm clamp or clamp-on front derailleur
- Sizes: 49, 51, 53, 55, 57, 59 cm
- Color: Black
- Weight: 1960 gram (frame only / 55cm)